Empowering your pursuit of wellness in all its forms.
It has long been understood that wellness is about more than freedom from illness. True wellness includes body, mind and spirit working in harmony to create a rich, active and fulfilling life. Researchers have also recognized the importance of other dimensions of wellness, including social, environmental, intellectual, financial and occupational health.
At Sedgebrook, we offer a wide variety of activities and amenities that empower you to remain in control of your life, enhance your level of wellness and maintain an overall sense of well-being.
Your best body
In addition to a variety of healthy dining options offered in our restaurants, Sedgebrook provides a dynamic physical fitness program for residents. In addition to the program offerings, our amenities include:
- 24-hour fitness center with two personal trainers and group exercise classes
- Aquatics center with an indoor pool, hot tub and group classes
- Priority access to on-site physical and occupational therapy
- Bike club, walking club, golf group
- Walking paths and nature trails
- Physical recreation activities, including Tai Chi, yoga, ping pong, water volleyball, water aerobics and more
Sedgebrook offers a full-service, on-site medical practice. Our full-time, board-certified primary care physician is experienced in meeting the health care needs of older adults. This private practice serves only Sedgebrook residents and offers:
- Services Monday thru Friday during business hours and on call 24/7
- Convenient, on-site location
- Same-day appointments
- 30-minute appointment slots to ensure the doctor has time to answer your questions, discuss your care and develop a personal relationship with you
- Care for acute needs as well as chronic conditions
- Preventive screenings
- Access to medical specialties, including podiatry, acupuncture, audiology, psychology and psychiatry
In addition to the medical practice, all members of Sedgebrook’s 24-hour security staff are registered emergency medical technicians. They’re trained to respond to emergency situations within minutes, so you’ll never be left waiting for an outside responder.
Your best mind
Sedgebrook’s physical fitness programming provides an important way to get the exercise you need. We also offer a wide variety of intellectually stimulating activities, including educational classes, cultural excursions and events, games, committees, and affinity groups that provide ways to engage and explore new interests. Plus, we have more than 90 clubs, including book club, bridge, billiards, and more!
Your best spirit
Sedgebrook offers weekly services for people of many different faiths — Catholic Mass, Evangelical Christian Worship, Interfaith, Jewish Shabbat – and transportation to off-campus services. In addition, many residents participate in on-campus, faith-based groups, including:
- Interfaith Council
- Catholic Council
- Jewish Council
- Christian Faith Council
- Men’s Bible Study
- Women’s Bible Study
- Rosary Prayer Group
Many residents also enjoy participating in a variety of volunteer opportunities, including the Community Outreach Group and partnerships with schools and youth organizations.