For the past 15 years, Sedgebrook has been greeting those who enter our senior living community with a breath of fresh air and smiles that say “You belong here.” To celebrate this milestone, we listed 15 reasons why Sedgebrook is among the best senior living communities in Illinois.
- Our community is warm and welcoming to all. Resident Dick Fischl sums it up best, “There’s always someone who shares your interests. People come here to live, not to retire. Look at me!”
- We’re neighbors with Chi-Town. Sedgebrook is located on the North Shore, just over 30 miles from the heart of downtown Chicago to the south. Plus, Kenosha, Wisconsin is a half hour north. It’s easy to take a day-trip either direction to visit the museums, theaters, and shopping, or get a pie of deep-dish pizza.
- Our residents are never bored. We have 90+ existing clubs, and we encourage you to start a new one if your hobby or passion isn’t already represented. There’s so much to do here; each day holds the possibility to try something new.
- We’ve got you covered. We are a Life Plan Community, meaning you’ll have peace of mind knowing that, should your health needs ever change, you’ll have priority access to all levels of care on our campus, including assisted living memory care, rehabilitation, and skilled nursing.
- We’re on a 24/7 health kick. Our state-of-the-art fitness center is open 24 hours. We also have an aquatics center with a pool and a hot tub. We even partnered with the National Institute for Fitness and Sport to provide a dynamic physical fitness program for residents, which includes two personal trainers, and group exercise classes. We offer Tai Chi, yoga, water aerobics and more.
- We’re foodies, too. We have two exquisite dining venues, as well as the Cardinal Market, which serves casual fare to-go. Shoreline Restaurant is our formal dining option with full table service, and Harvest Bistro is our more casual option. Both places offer the freshest ingredients available, prepared with your health and nutrition as a priority. If you yourself are a chef, you can use your meal credit to bring home a steak or salmon to prepare at home.
- We’re all about options. Sedgebrook boasts over 35 one-, two- and three-bedroom independent senior living apartment homes nestled in our scenic, landscaped campus. Your complimentary Sedgebrook interior designer will help you make your design dreams a reality in your new space, so it’s a total reflection of you. View a sampling of our floor plans to envision your belongings in your potential new space.
- We’re lifelong learners, just like you. Our residents are intellectuals, and we’re well-stocked to keep those minds sharp and entertained. We regularly host educational, social and spiritual events and activities, as well as entertainment opportunities. We have a creative arts studio where you can express yourself, and a library where you can feed your inner bookworm.
- Our campus is safe. We have 24/7 security monitoring the grounds, so you can rest easy knowing you’re being looked after. We’re also partially lakeside, and tucked into a conservation area, which not only offers the beauty of nature just outside your window, it also keeps us safe and secluded.
- We’re environmentally-conscious. Sedgebrook is ENERGY STAR rated. ENERGY STAR is the only environmental program in the United States that certifies energy efficiency based on actual, verified energy performance and objective measures of performance. As a result, Sedgebrook leaves a smaller carbon footprint.
- We do it all for you. Your monthly service fee covers home maintenance, among other things, so you have all the time in the world to swim laps in the heated indoor pool while we shovel the walk for you during those chilly Illinois winters.
- We have quality, convenient concierge physician services. Sedgebrook has two full-time primary care physicians on-site to serve Sedgebrook residents only. You can get in to see the doc for a same-day appointment, and you can get regular preventive screenings to assess your changing health needs.
- Our staff makes the Sedgebrook experience personal. Our dining crew, fitness instructors and all the rest of Sedgebrook’s team are dedicated to curating a fulfilling and family-like environment for you to call home. Resident Sharon R said, “The minute my family walked into Sedgebrook it felt like home. The caring and dedicated staff treat each and every resident like family.” Sharon might put this point at the top of her list of 15 things to love about Sedgebrook.
- We’re connected. We’ve got WiFi internet access across all common spaces at Sedgebrook, so you never miss a beat.
- We have everything you could possibly need, right here. From our health services to our everyday conveniences like the market, hair salon and barbershop, bank with ATM, worship center, computer room, library, fitness center, dining venues and more, you never have to leave if you don’t want to!
We could go on! These 15 reasons only begin to describe what makes Sedgebrook so great; to fully realize the exuberance of Sedgebrook, come visit our community and experience it for yourself. Cheers to 15 years of exceptional service to our seniors and treasured time spent as a community. Before we know it, we’ll be listing 15 more reasons to love Sedgebrook.